Have you ever wanted literal 10s of thousands of unique japanese dialogue for your scenes?
Well, thanks to the lovely ladies who did voices for Koikatsu, this is possible. Each personality type has several thousand voice lines, ranging from casual conversational dialogue to post orgasm lines. The game's "Virgin/Inexperienced/Experienced/Horny" system also means that each personality type will have contextual dialogue based on one of these 4 states of sexual experience. Do you want something more modest? Use the virgin dialogue lines. Do you want an insatiable whore? Use the horny lines. Don't know japanese? Me neither, but holy shit these girls really put effort into these voice lines because they're sexy AF.
Things you'll need:
- Foobar 2000: https://www.foobar2000.org/download
- VGM Stream Component for Foobar2000: https://github.com/vgmstream/vgmstream/releases
- SB3 Utility: https://gitea.com/enimaroah/Sb3UGS/releases
Lets Get Started:
- Open SB3 Utility GUI
- Open Koikatsu Root Directory
- Navigate to /abdata/sound/data/pcm
- There should be a bunch of folders, starting with c and ending with 2 numbers. Each folder contains 1 personality type's voices. [Yes, there are 44, and each one has several thousand voice lines]. c-100 only has about 5 voice files. I'm not sure what these ones are. The numbers correspond to their respective position in the in-game list, wrapping around once it reaches the bottom, so if you want the voices corresponding to the "Sexy" personality, you would open folder c00, and if you wanted the voices for the Hype Personality, you would open c43. Island girl seems to be C-13 and C39. [Credit to Anon for verifying this]
- The subfolders are organized based on IDK what. /h contains sex. /adm, /adv, and /esthetic seem to have the conversation/greeting voice lines, with some heavy breathing and gasping [I think they might be the sounds played when you grope or stare during conversation]. /namelist is fun. It has the VA saying a bunch of names. A smart audio person can probably figure out how to get them to say your actual name.
- Open the Folder of sound files you want and find the .unity3d file.
- Drag and drop this file into SB3Utility GUI
- In the left tab, you should see a bunch of AudioClips:
You can preview them by clicking on them. NOTE: For the H voice lines, they're organized by name. h_so3p contains the threesome voice lines. I haven't taken the time to figure out what the other prefixes do. The 2nd to last group of numbers seems to dictate the sexual experience related to the voice line. I might be wrong, but it seems that 00 is the virgin voice lines, 01 is inexperienced, 02 is experienced, and 03 is horny. I apologize for not fully testing these; there's tens of thousands of voice lines and it would have taken years.
- Select the first clip, scroll to the bottom of the list, and shift+click the last item. This will select everything
- Click Assets->Export, or use the ALT+o shortcut.
- Chose a directory and click OK. All of the sound clips will be exported as an FSB file.
- Open Foobar2000.
- If you have not yet installed the VGM Component, do this now. File->Preferences. A window will open. Make sure you are in the "Components" tab, and click "Install" on the bottom right. Locate the VGM Stream Component file and click Open. Click OK, and restart Foobar2000 if prompted. You can now open the fsb files in foobar2000.
- Drag all of the FSB files from step 11 into the Foobar2000 window. You can sample the clips by double clicking on them.
- Now, you have a choice to export everything or only export clips you want. Select the clips you want converted, right click, and click "Quick convert."
- A menu will open with file conversion options. You can select WAV for the easiest conversion, or if you have the LAME encoder files handy, you can select MP3 if that is your preference. [I usually keep it as WAV for the optional step]
- [Optional] Modulate the pitch in something like Audacity so it sounds "the same" as your waifu in game. I put "the same" in quotes because the FSB files do something fancy with the pitch modulation to make it sound perfect. I have not yet figured out how it does this, nor do I know of a method to analyze the FSB file itself to figure it out. If anyone knows, DM me on Discord bc I am banned on twatter.
I only tested on KK Sunshine, so if you notice glaring differences with KK Party, let me know and I'll update the guide.